The Eyeota H1 2017 Index Report has several interesting insights into the US data demand in the advertising market.
- Electronics & computers, finance, automotive sectors led on spending for audience data
- Travel & leisure and automotive sectors led in demand for audience data relating to video advertising
- Spending growth from Q1 to Q2 2017 was driven by the computers, software, B2B services & industries, financial institutions sectors
- High demand was seen among B2B players from the electronics & computers, services & industries and finance sectors
- Sociodemographic profiles grew 2.5x from Q1 to Q2 2017
The overall impression relayed by the Eyeota report is that the most ardent advertisers are all-in with data use. Kevin Tan, CEO, Eyeota commented that the evolving advertising marketplace puts “emphasis on data-driven marketing strategies [where] personalization plays a larger role in driving the effectiveness of campaigns, forcing brands and publishers alike to employ audience targeting strategies.” Source: AdTech Daily